Buy German Permanent Residence Requirements
In addition to residency time, to become a permanent resident of Germany you must fulfil the following requirements as well:
- You must earn enough to sustain yourself and your family without using public funds.
- You must have a living space that is large enough to accommodate you and your family members.
- You must have paid contributions to the statutory pension insurance fund during the time you lived and worked in Germany.
- During your residence in Germany, you have worked in a position that is concurrent to your qualifications or degree.
- You can speak the German language at least on a B1 level, as measured by the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR).
- You must pass the “Life in Germany” test to prove that you have sufficient knowledge about German culture and legal and social order.
Benefits of Buy German Permanent Residence
After getting the permanent resident status in Germany, you will have access to more benefits than you did as a temporary resident. This includes:
- You do not have to apply to renew your residence permit every few years.
- You will be able to change jobs or start a business, even if it is not related to your qualifications or degree.
- You will have access to German social security benefits, such as welfare benefits if you lose your job.
- You can apply for financial aid if you want to study at a German university.
- You can get a bank loan if you want to purchase real estate in Germany.
- You can apply for German citizenship after living in Germany as a permanent resident for eight years.
How to Apply for German Permanent Residence?
You have to apply for permanent residency before your current residence permit expires. The process for applying for a German Permanent Residence Permit is:
- Visit the local Ausländerbehörde (German Immigration Office) to make an appointment. This is the same place where you initially got your residence permit.
- Pick up and complete the application form (Antrag auf Erteilung der Niederlassungserlaubnis).
- Collect all the required documents, as listed below.Buy German Permanent Residence
- Show up to the Ausländerbehörde for your appointment with your documents and the application form. During the appointment, you will also have to enter an interview. If you are applying for a settlement permit as the spouse of a German national, your spouse must come to the interview with you.
- Pay the application fee. You will be informed about the method of payment during the appointment; it’s either cash, through an EC Card, or bank payment.